Saturday, January 9, 2010

This is mainly for girls and also for guys.
Haha it's not a nice topic and I don't know who reads my blog anymore but yeah.
Sorry, I just need to vent it out so if you don't like reading about this, please ignore it.

Just saw a link about molest! Go and see it.
It really helps you to psychologically prepare and PROTECT YOURSELF.
Keep something in your bag that can fend off attackers but won't get you into trouble.

When I was in primary and secondary school, I encountered a lot of cases including myself being the victim and also my friends being victims. The predator always gets away with it because we dare not say something about it. They just always got away!

AND. They can be anyone. There was once when a group of teenage boys who attacked me at Hougang Mall in early Sec Three.

There was even a worker at the petrol kiosk station in Malaysia. And Disneyland, with his kid there. It's not safe at all anywhere. Some were even like in their twenties? There is no stereotype. You girls should keep pepperspray in your bag.

Then I kept playing it in my mind for days and blaming myself all the time for it. Then I tried to sleep so I would forget it. I wish I could always have done something about it. It's so bad that up till now, I am still very paranoid everywhere I go and keep a distance from men in public places.

And I regret not being able to help my friends too when I actually SEE it happening. I even witnessed it being done to other women and I did not help on at least three occasions. I regret it terribly now. Therefore, protect yourself! Always watch your back and beware when someone swings his hand too close.

I was on the way to church and this foreign man was swinging his hand towards me and I jumped away and glared at him and prevented it. It happened at the MRT station. Please be careful girls! And remember, speak up immediately!

But yeah, I try to forgive them after a while because I always just got angry about it and I never felt good. Prevention is better than cure though!

No comments: