Saturday, October 13, 2012

It is Saturday morning and I amble across the tunnel lightheartedly. I spot the same people hawking their items and the same busy crowd rushing towards their individual destinations. Out of the blue, I spot a lady with a tin can in her hands, raising funds for a charity. She is middle aged and she fades Into the background. As I continue walking, I notice an elderly lady in her Sixties carrying the same tin can. My heart starts to feel a tinge of pain. At this instance, This thought came into my mind,"What about the younger working crowd?"

I take a look at the ladies. They look forgotten and sad. I carry on and I see The last lady, elderly as well.

This happened ten minutes ago.

I don't know why but it pains me That they should raise causes on their own. I know there are many young adults who help out as well. However, seeing them there makes me Feel young adults can do even more for society. Even the aged has stepped in, don't you think we should?

No comments: